Thursday, July 16, 2015

Happy Birthday Alex

Dear Alex,

I cannot seem to wrap my head around the fact that you are five today. It seems like yesterday you were my Itty bitty 3lb 9oz baby boy that was so tiny and fragile to hold. Daily hospital trips were a way of life for me, for 48 days. Now look at you; so handsome and strong. You light up every room you are in; people are drawn to you and what seemed like a devastating diagnosis so long ago has become a way of life. A life we have adapted to and come to know.

You are amazing in every way. I wish I could make things easier for you, I wish I could make it all ok, but I can't.That power is out of my hands. All I can do is help you in every way that I can and love you with all my heart. Two things I aim to do every single day of my life.

I have said in the past, GOD gave you to me for a reason and I am so glad he did. No matter how hard this journey may be for us, know that we will do it together.

Your strength is empowering, your joy is overwhelming and your heart is full of love.

I am so proud of you and all you have accomplished these past 5 years. I admire you and I am so happy that I was picked to be your Mom. Happy Birthday Alex. I love you.

Love,
Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment