Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Spring is FINALLY here...at least for now.

Spring is finally in the air…slowly but surely here in Michigan and there isn’t anyone who is more excited than me! Oh wait, there is…its Evan! We had a few nice days last week where we were able to go outside and play for a couple of hours and now he is obsessed with it. Can we say…SPRING FEVER? He is so obsessed with it that he barely eats breakfast and will put his coat on and want to go out at 9am. Well, the nights are still very chilly here so the mornings are too. We have to wait for it to warm up which on a good day is by lunchtime. Being 2, he doesn’t quite understand that. I am praying for warm weather so I can have my sanity back!

The only thing Alex cares about is going on the swing. That is by far his favorite outdoor activity. A close second is riding in the wagon and third would be me blowing bubbles at him on the deck. He is such a simple laid back kid…I love it!

The other day I had to run an errand and on the way back I made an unplanned stop at the park.  This is a park that is very close to our home but it has a rather large play structure and last year I preferred to stick to the smaller ones. Now I know why: Holy moly was I worn out. Not only did I chase Evan, but I did it while carrying Alex. I will not be going there again alone. I definitely need someone there to keep an eye on Evan. The only reason I stayed was because a young girl befriended Evan and totally kept on eye on him for me. I think he enjoyed her company as well and I thanked her because I couldn’t have stayed without her help. The boys had a good time and we will be going back for sure!

Since then, we have been sticking to the smaller park and that is working out just fine for all of us. Last night I built sand castles (or houses) in the sand box with him. I loved every minute of it because growing up, the sandbox was one of my favorite outdoor activities. Today, the boys will go to school this afternoon and I am sure we will be making a trip to the park before or after dinner since it’s supposed to be near 80 today. It’s about time Michigan…it’s almost May already!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment