Saturday, April 13, 2013

Georgia Trip Part 2

We got through Easter weekend in Georgia and I was ready for some nice weather and sunshine. Monday brought both of those along with our trip to a waterfall. As the 10 of us packed into the vehicle and ventured down a trail, I thought it would be right around the corner, but it kept winding and winding and winding until we HAD to stop because of the large rocks and ruts that would no longer allow us to travel in the truck. So we walked it. You could hear the river rushing and the falls ahead as we were surrounded by tall trees as the sun peeked through.

My sister in law Tappatha took Evan up to the falls. He latched onto he like a baby monkey does to it’s mother. I don’t know if he fully understood what he was looking at, but he was mesmerized to say the least. Alex was getting sleepy so I sat on the rock and snuggled with him until Evan got back. On his way back Evan began picking up sticks and rocks and tossing them into the water. That trend continued on our ½ mile walk back to the car as we crossed mud puddle after mud puddle. The new picture for the blog is from our trip to the waterfall. I have been trying for months to get a good picture of the boys together and they couldn’t have picked a better time to make that happen. I could look at that picture all day. I love how Evan’s hand is on Alex’s knee. It’s so precious.
The Falls
Evan and Alex


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Evan with Aunt Tappy
 
 
After our hike to and from the waterfall we hit up Arby’s for lunch and then dropped the kids at the house for some much needed “girl” time. Tappy, Mindy and myself headed to a town called Helen. For fellow Michiganders, it’s a lot like Frankenmuth. It was a beautiful afternoon to be out and about….and KID FREE!!! On our way back, we passed this field of cows in a beautiful green pasture and I had to get a picture. I stepped out of the vehicle and the cows must have thought I was there to feed them because they all began running toward me. It was either that or Tappy “mooing” from inside the vehicle that got their attention. Either way, it was funny. We went down to see them and had to get a picture. It was the only picture we got of the three of us…with a bunch of cows! We ended the evening with dinner at a Mexican restaurant that has far too many funny moments for me to write in this blog. It was the most fun I have had in a LONG time and I loved every minute of it. We almost didn’t make it home because I snorted in the car as Tappy was sipping her beverage (lemon water) which she sprayed out of her mouth and had to pull off the road! I have to say I was exhausted from laughing!
 
Before the cows saw us

Here they come!
 
Myself, Tappy and Mindy (and the cows)


 
 
 
 
 Tuesday was our trip to the Georgia Aquarium. For me it was a stressful day with the kids but we all had a really nice time. I got to see a little bit of Atlanta and the boys really enjoyed seeing all of the fish.
 

Love this!



Evan and a Stingray

Evan
 
Alex

Bailey, Evan and Madison
 
Alex enjoying the fish


Our last full day in Georgia was very laid back and a little chilly compared to the previous two days. Mindy came over with the kids for lunch and since we didn’t have a chance to do the Easter egg hunt on Easter because of the rain, we did it that day for the kids. It was cute seeing Evan carrying his basket grabbing the eggs! That evening we had dinner at home which ended with a second Tractor ride for someone….ALEX! His Uncle Matt took him on a tractor ride the second night we were there and he absolutely LOVED it, so he was promised a second ride on our last night. Evan stayed on the porch the whole time and when we asked him if he was going next he would say “No” and run away! I guess I know who my thrill seeker is!

Uncle Matt giving Alex a tractor ride



The week went fast but we did a lot of really fun things and it felt so good to be surrounded by our family. The boys had plenty of cousins to play with and I really enjoyed my time with Tappy and Mindy. I wish we lived closer…maybe someday. Now that I know I can do the drive, I will definitely go again. But it’s their turn next!! (I don’t think they know that)

Here are some random candid shots of all of us during our stay. Thank you to the McKay Family for having us. We loved every minute of it and I promise to bring Eric the next time!!
Alex, Mindy, Myself, Jessica, Ethan, Tappy, Annamarie, Kellsie, Brook, Madison, Bailey, Savannah and Evan
 
 


Evan at the Aquarium. Such a neat shot
 
Anna, Evan, Alex and Annamarie snuggling and watching Mickey Mouse
 
 
One of my favorite pictures of Alex. Such a big boy!



 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I love the pictures, especially the ones of Alex on the tractor. Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete