Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Georgia Trip Part 1

 I had a lot of anxiety going into the Georgia trip because as it turns out, my Mother in Law became ill and couldn’t travel with us. So it became me driving 750 miles on my own with two toddlers. Yeah…

I am happy to report that the trip was awesome! I did end up stopping half way to save my sanity as well as theirs but even the 6-7 hours in the car was good. I was thoroughly impressed.

We stopped in London, Kentucky on the way down. I called in pizza twenty minutes before I arrived so I could pick it up before we got to the hotel. Getting into the room was a bit tricky because my double stroller wouldn’t fit so I had to make two trips to the car and Alex wasn’t happy about me leaving him in the room for two minutes! I could hear him screaming as I was walking down the hall! In the process I dropped the pizza sauce all over the carpet in the hallway and was sweating profusely once I got settled into the room! I didn’t get much sleep because I was worried one of the kids would roll off the bed even though I had pushed it against the wall and built a wall of pillows around the other side! They were fine…it was just me.

We were back on the road by 9:30AM and I took a detour through Maggie Valley and Cherokee, NC which are two of my favorite small towns. We made to my Sister in Law’s house at 3:00 that afternoon.

The weekend was already packed full of activities since it was Easter, but we had a lot of fun. Saturday morning we participated in an Easter Egg hunt at The church. (The first for my kids) Evan liked the blow up slide and moon walk more than anything. He threw the biggest tantrum when we had to leave.




Niece Samantha with Alex, Bailey and Madison
Evan with his basket full of eggs!
Samantha helping Alex



 
Evan climbing the slide




His favorite part!

 
That afternoon, we went to a Cousin’s house to color eggs. Alex chose to sleep the whole time since he didn’t take a nap after lunch like he should have. Evan had a lot of fun as you can see. I tried to get Alex to color an egg but he wasn’t interested!


Madison and Evan


Evan coloring his egg in shaving cream and food coloring


Alex not interested in coloring eggs at all.

 
Sunday was Easter, so we went to early service at church so we could have a little bit of time before everyone came for dinner. There were a lot of people and a lot going on, but the kids had a lot of fun. I had the most fun shooting an AK47 with the help of my Nephew Robbie. I have never even held a gun before in my life, so this was something to experience. I loved it! The egg hunt got postponed because of rain, but we had time to do the Easter Baskets!
 
The boys enjoying their Easter baskets

Evan giving Alex a taste of a root beer dum dum!
 
Me with the boys and nephew Ethan
Evan kissing on Madison
Me and the AK-47

Shooting

I don’t want to make this post incredibly long, so I will end the first half here.Stay tuned for Part Two later this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment