Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Friendship

When you are five years old and starting school, all that matters are the toys, the snacks and maybe who you are playing with that day. It never crosses your mind if you will still be friends with the kid next to you in 25 years.

 
On Saturday night, I went to dinner with four other girls, one of which I have known since I was five, two I met in first grade and one I have known since sixth grade. That’s a long time. I haven’t been close to all of them since the day we met, but somehow, some way over the years we have seen each other along the way.
 
We went to the movies to see Silver Lining Playbook and then to dinner at Bar Louie. We reminisced about our childhood and talked about where we are now in life. We laughed A LOT and sitting there that night made me realize just how important it is to stay connected with these girls.
 
I have a lot of memories with them individually as well as a group. None of them are catty like the girls are these days. They are true, genuine and sometimes flat out hilarious. Being in our thirties now is so different than when we were in high school. All of us have come into our own, we are who we are, we aren’t out to impress each other and that’s what makes it so much fun. We click as a group so well and I am really looking forward to spending more time with all of them.
 
I know a girl’s weekend is in store for us this summer and if it happens, and all of us can make it, it is going to be one hell of a good time.
 
Thanks for being my friends:  Stephanie, Rachel, Heather and Kathryn. I am a very lucky girl.
(I wish I had a picture of all of us, but I forgot to take one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment