Friday, January 25, 2013

Enjoy the Ride


I often think about the path I am on in life. It’s so different than I ever imagined. It has its highs and lows just like so many others I know. There are many days when I feel like I could pull my hair out, but then in the middle of that day a sweet moment between my two precious children will occur and make it all better.
It’s hard to really sit back and enjoy every moment when days and months just seem to be flying by. Many of my reflections come when I am driving in the car. It has become my sanctuary. It’s the one place that is quiet for me even with the radio playing. The kids are quiet and I feel like I can actually think.

I still question Alex and his CP; I wonder why Evan won’t listen to me, which at times forces me to yell and makes me feel like a bad Mom. I always question what I am doing wrong and if I am doing things right, but really… WHAT IS RIGHT?

It's time I stop questioning the CP because it's not going to change anything. It's time I stop questioning my parenting skills and stop stressing about what I think I am doing wrong and enjoy the ride. Life is such a crazy whirlwind and I don’t think many people really stop for even a minute and see what they have. I am not talking about material things either. Yes, those things are wonderful but they are not what make us who we are. It’s the people and the love and support they give us. I love my home, and everything in it. I am glad that I have a car that gets me where I need to go but none of those things got me where I am today.

It seems like yesterday I was a little girl playing in the sandbox, running around the back yard with my little sister and riding my bike through the neighborhood. Now, here I am in my thirties with two sons of my own who will be doing the same things I once did. Where has the time gone?

Life is passing by quickly and we need to take advantage of the moments we are given. Enjoy the people in your life – even if you don’t see eye to eye because someday they will be gone and you will wish you had. There is a reason things are the way they are even if we do not fully understand it. You have to trust you are on the right path and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment