Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!


If I had to sum up 2012 in one word I would say it’s been a “Trying” year. I think as a parent it’s been rough on me. I am still learning as I go – as most first time parents do. I don’t know if having twins makes it harder or if it would be just as hard with one child or two children at different ages; that I will never know. It’s been tough, but we made it through and I am determined to enjoy my life a little more in 2013. That’s my resolution.

As a family we went through some changes this year. The boys of course are another year older and with that comes lots of crying, whining, screaming and temper tantrums. Eric changed jobs which is always stressful and an adjustment for us, but I think it was more so this time because he was in the middle of his semester at school, having to live without health insurance and without a paycheck right when we needed it for Christmas. We made it through like we always do though.

We took our first family vacation to Florida which was a blast (especially with two 19 month olds!). Summer was a lot of fun with the swing set, sandbox, trips to the park, splashing around in the kiddie pool and walks around the neighborhood in the wagon. Alex and Evan turned two in July with a Mickey Mouse themed Birthday party and we took a day trip to the Columbus Zoo in Ohio.

Fall is always a lot of fun with our annual trip to the Cider Mill, Halloween (the boys went as pumpkins) and cool crisp days. Alex and Evan attend school once a week now (part of a special education program) and they love it. Different toys and different people; plus they get to ride the school bus home!

Christmas was fun this year with the boys. Evan had a blast opening presents and Alex could play with the wrapping paper all day long. They got a lot of really nice things from family and friends.

Evan is your typical two year old. He loves to get into everything and anything. He is loud and determined and wants to do everything himself. He has a mischevious look to him, but if you catch him at the right time, he can melt your heart with his eyes and smile. He is also very smart.

Alex has come a long way this year. He has done close to 100 days of therapy this year. I didn’t realize how much he has done until I really sat and thought about it. We are so proud of him and all the hard work he does. We know it isn’t always fun but we know how important it is, that’s why we push it. He still isn’t anywhere near walking. He rolls and can sit pretty well but can’t get into that position without assistance. We are thankful to have use of a stander for him and just three days ago he got his walker. The gait trainer we have been waiting 8 months for finally came in. I think 2013 will be a great year for Alex full of many more milestones and accomplishments. He has the best smile and his super cuteness gets you every time!

Although it’s been a “trying” year and more stressful than years past, I am thankful for everything that God has blessed me with – most importantly my family. I wouldn’t be who I am or where I am today without them. I love them all so very much.

Happy New Year to all of you and your families.
May 2013 bring hope, happiness and strength to all of us.
 
The Best Family in the World
 

No comments:

Post a Comment