Thursday, December 13, 2012

My Strong Little Man Alex

Just a quick note to let all of you know that Euro-Peds is going very well for Alex. Although I am not in the room with him during his therapy sessions, I do occasionally peek in. He has his own playlist on my phone that the girls play for him while he is working to keep him happy. I was able to go in and see him in the "cage" the other day and snapped a few pictures. He really enjoyed jumping up and down but had a bit of a struggle with his braces on. They are a huge adjustment for him, but all in all you can see that he enjoyed himself. The last picture made me tear up a little because not only does he look older in the picture but he looks super strong.




His core is getting stronger each and every day and that makes me very proud because I know how hard it is for him to control those muscles and he has been doing an awesome job sitting lately. We still have to put the bean bag or some pillows around him because he will topple over, but his Therapist tells me that he is putting his arms out to catch himself when he is on the ball. Now we need to get him to do it on the floor! He is showing interest in new things. I would say he is coming along just fine. As always, we are so proud of him.

1 comment: