Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Double the Love: 1 year later


Yesterday was the one year anniversay of Double the Love. I initially started the blog as a way to get Alex’s story out there and keep friends and family in the loop. It has since evolved into more of a personal blog for our family because I want this to be something for Alex and Evan to look back on. I enjoy sharing our experiences on here because since having a family, my journaling has been put on the back burner and having this blog somewhat forces me to keep up on it.

To all of you who follow and take time to read Double the Love: Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I try my best to make each blog enjoyable and somewhat fun for you to read. There are times when I just have to get my thoughts and feelings out about Alex and his CP. Even after more than 2 years, I still have my moments where I just don’t understand why things had to be this way. But because things are this way, this blog was born. Otherwise I would have never thought to do something so cool!

The year has gone by fast and the boys are growing and getting so big. Last year at this time, Evan had just started walking, both were still taking a bottle and could still pass as “babies”. That time has passed now, Evan is all over the place, building castles with his blocks, coloring in coloring books and taking ornaments off the Christmas tree when he shouldn’t. He can easily eat two pieces of pizza and loves dessert. Alex is rolling and sitting very well, and although his Farm is still his favorite toy, he has taken a liking to his box of shape blocks which he LOVES taking them out and putting them back in. He too loves pizza and favors white milk over chocolate.

As hard as some days are with two boys at two, it definitely has its perks. Almost every day, they make each other laugh in some form. Whether it be Evan running back and forth from the kitchen to the living room or Alex making a funny sound with his mouth, there is rarely a quiet moment in our house anymore. They love to have screaming matches as well as cry and whine at the same time.

I never in my wildest dreams imagined myself with twins, but it truly has been a blessing. It is non-stop from the time they get up until they go to bed, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I think my life would have been boring with one child. Guess I will never know right?

Looking back on this past year, it’s been a pretty good one. Thank you for all of your support! Hope you keep following us along in our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment