Saturday, November 24, 2012

BITS -N- PIECES VOL. 9


*

Somehow I managed to let the month of November get away from me. (Imagine that!) Our schedule is still busy. Alex started his new Euro-Peds program and is doing very well. I usually take him back to the room and get him settled and then I leave so Emily and Rachel can do their thing and I am not a distraction for him. He has been working on sitting, rolling and doing some sit-ups on the ball to build up his core strength. They are trying to get him to bear weight through his arms, but he is a stinker when it comes to that. HE DOES NOT LIKE IT!

*

He is starting to sit better on his own. There are days where he does really well and other days it just doesn’t work for him. It is so hard for me to understand because I have no idea what he is experiencing. He loves to stand on his own in front of us as well as in his stander. I can tell he is to a point where he wants to get up and move but just doesn’t know how to yet. We usually hold him under his armpits and let him walk around the room. His steps are really nice and I am hopeful that someday he will walk, it just may take awhile. We are still waiting on his gait trainer. It was supposed to be in on the 16th, but there were parts on back order (big surprise) so we are still waiting. It is supposed to be in sometime next week. (Fingers Crossed)

*

He and Evan are still going to their play group at school once a week. They both have so much fun while they are there so I know pre-school will be a piece of cake for them. Eric got to take them this past week for the first time and I am so happy he did. I have been telling him all about it every week since they started and it was nice for him to be able to experience it with them!

*

Evan is really into Mr. Potato Head and Coloring right now and Alex loves picking blocks out of a box or container. He is even starting to put them in as well – which is a great milestone for him. They are both turning into adorable little men.

*

I have been Christmas Shopping like crazy and am really looking forward to celebrating this year. I think the boys are really going to enjoy it. We actually took them to see Santa today and I thought for sure they would scream and cry. Nope, they both sat on his lap and smiled like it was nothing!

*

Eric’s birthday is tomorrow so we will be celebrating as a family. (Not sure what we are doing yet – I told him he had to pick!) Tonight we had a nice dinner out with our friends. We haven’t been out in a group in awhile, so it was really nice to enjoy small talk with no interruptions from the kids!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! I'm so glad to hear that Alex is doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete