Monday, October 8, 2012

Twin Friends

I have been telling Eric for a long time that I wish I could meet someone that knew what I was going through as a Mom. Someone who not only had twins, but one with special needs as well. Then, one day back in the spring, I changed Alex’s OT schedule to mornings on Mondays and met a girl Rhiannon and her twin boys Blake and Casey. I could tell by our first conversation that not only would we get along, but we were going to be friends for a long time.

We continued to see each other every Monday morning and we would talk and talk and talk during Alex and Casey’s appointments. Casey has Down Syndrome while Blake is a typical developing toddler just like Evan. We learned that our boys were only four months apart in age and we only lived about a half hour from each other.

Summer was kind of crazy for both of us so we didn’t have a chance to get together until early September and have seen each other three times now outside of therapy. All of us always have such a nice time when we get together. The kids are always exhausted from playing! To have found someone with twins so close in age is such a blessing.

Rhiannon told me that she was looking for someone like me as well. Someone to relate to, someone who understands what we go through on a daily basis. I know we were brought together for this very reason and I hope to continue to build on our friendship for years to come.
 
Here are the 4 boys together!
 
Alex, Evan, Blake and Casey


 

1 comment:

  1. I remember the first time I met you and your sweet boys. I could not believe how similar our lives were and was wishing I had met you sooner.
    I feel so lucky, and am so thankful we have become a part of each others lives. I truly believe we have been brought together for many reasons. It's not everyday you meet someone you really like, with twin boys, and with 1 twin having special needs.
    I can already feel our bond as friends. Not only do we have a lot in common, we've also got the coolest, cutest twins anyone has ever seen! :) I adore both Alex and Evan and know that Blake and Casey, along with me, will have lifelong friendships.
    I look forward to making more memories with you and your family in the future. Through the smiles, laughter, tears, frustration, you've always got me as a friend.
    Thank you to our boys for bringing us together and for making our lives so beautiful!
    Sincerely, Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete