Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Wait is Finally Over!

The Gait Trainer we have been waiting on for six months has FINALLY been approved. We are now waiting for a letter to be signed by the Doctor so it can go to insurance to get paid and the parts can be ordered. Many of you may recall what a frustrating process this has been for me, but I never gave up. I kept fighting and fighting and my hard work finally paid off. I made a promise to both of my sons early on that I would always fight for them and never give up. Believe me, I felt like it many times having to deal with so many ignorant people during this process, but I just took some steps back, took some deep breaths and kept on it. I am so happy for Alex. I really think this will help him so much and hopefully kick start his walking.

I am also pleased to announce that Alex has been accepted into a new Therapy Program called Euro-Peds. I mentioned the program earlier in the month in a previous post and I am so excited for him. He will finish up his current therapy program on October 31ST and move onto Euro-Peds in early November.

Euro-Peds is a more intensive Physical Therapy program. He will be attending one hour sessions three times a week for three months. That should cover the time my current PT will be out on Maternity Leave so he won’t have much down time in between programs. I am not crazy about the three day schedule, but that is what they require so that is what we will do. It’s a lot having three therapy appointments a week plus school and some weeks….Doctor Appointments, but I will do whatever it takes to make sure Alex gets what he needs. As long as I get some down time for myself in the evenings (which I have been making a good effort toward that) and Evan gets ample play time during the day, then things should run smoothly.

When I dreamed of having a family growing up, I never imagined it being this hard. You go about life thinking that everything will be fine, you will have healthy children and life will be a piece of cake…until something happens to your child, your world is flipped upside down and you wonder why me? Why my child? Let me just say that my two sons are the best thing that has ever happened to me, and although my life isn’t a piece of cake, it has made me a stronger and more well-rounded individual who doesn’t take life for granted. I appreciate more and respect others that are in the same boat as me because I know what it feels like. I firmly believe that I have been put in my situation for this very reason and I know someday I will look back and be proud of who my children have made me and I hope they can say the same.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for Alex!!!!! So excited for him. There were so many frustrating times with Benjamin so I do understand the frustration you have felt and the elation when it finally works. Congratualtions that you persevered.

    ReplyDelete