Wednesday, May 30, 2012

BITS -N- PIECES VOL.5


I just had to post so that all of you would see the tweeks I made to the blog. It’s so much more colorful and inviting. I hope you like it as much as I do.

*

Even though we are still 47 days away from Alex and Evan’s birthday, I have already started the planning. The invitations are done (handmade) and ready to be mailed. Some of the paper products and decorations have been bought and the menu is all planned. Some people think I am crazy for planning this far in advance, but people don’t understand that my free time to do these things is limited, so waiting until the last minute is not an option. The theme this year is Mickey Mouse – which is going to be super fun. I really enjoy planning parties and I am so excited that I have two little ones to plan for!
**

 I am excited to share that Alex has been rolling over more. It’s never been an issue of him not being able to do it – he can – he just chooses not to. But lately, he has been rolling to his side more and I have been encouraging him to roll completely. His biggest problem was getting his arm out from underneath him. He has now figured that out and gets really excited to roll over because he knows what a great reaction it gets. He doesn’t stay for too long, but it’s a big accomplishment for him. He is still working on his sitting, which he can do as well, but if he gets excited, he’ll throw himself back.
***

Unfortunately, we still don’t have the gait trainer. What a process….that is taking FOREVER!! We did get a walker from a friend so he can scoot around the deck outside and play with some toys while standing – which is great.

****

The boys have really enjoyed spending more time outside – especially on their swing set! My grandpa built it for me 30 years ago and my Dad brought it over and set it up for us. It has their toddler swings on it now but it’s ready for regular swings on down the road. I am so happy to pass it down to them because they will never get to meet my grandpa since he passed a few months before they were born.


*****

This past weekend, we were able to visit with Alex and Evan’s Great Aunts and Uncle. They LOVE seeing the boys and always get a show with Evan. This time he decided to chuck his spoon across the dinner table and in the process chunks of hot dog went flying in the air. I thought Aunt Rosalee and Aunt Carolyn were going to choke on their food they were laughing so hard! They got a picture last year holding the boys and wanted to get another one this year to see the difference. This was as good as we could get thanks to Evan.





Evan really likes Uncle Claude and wanted to sit next to him for a bit at the table.


We all had a really nice time despite the flying food and can’t wait to see them more this summer.





1 comment:

  1. I love the new format!! Is this a Blogger template? I have been trying to find something new and fun and have had no luck.

    Yay for rolling over! That is so awesome.

    And yay for you for getting planning done early for their birthday. Ryder's birthday is this weekend and I just realized I forgot to order a cake! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete