Wednesday, May 23, 2012

All About Evan


I am just in love with my kids. Yes, they can drive me absolute mad sometimes, but then they smile or laugh or do something out of the ordinary that just makes all the stress and frustration not seem so bad.
This post is going to be all about Evan.


Evan is my little comedian. He LOVES to make people laugh (especially his brother) and he looks for reactions in people which is even cuter. He is so independent and plays so well by himself (he actually prefers it). He loves to explore and try new things. He is so adorable and can be a little teddy bear when he wants to be. He isn’t crazy about heights or spinning around and we can only swing him so high on the swing. He only likes it when the moon roof in the car is opened half way and he occasionally gets mad if I change the radio in the car when it’s a song he likes.

In addition to all of the emotions I have and feel for Alex and his CP, I sometimes have guilt when it comes to Evan. There are times when I feel bad because I do spend more time with Alex (stretching, helping him sit, working on things, holding him and taking him to therapy) none of which is Alex’s fault. Although Evan is very independent, he still needs the same attention and love. Don’t get me wrong – I don’t ignore him, I just wish I wouldn’t feel so bad for not having as much one on one time with him like I do with Alex.

I also discipline him more than Alex so I always feel like I am yelling at him. It obviously hasn’t sunk in yet that he is a boy – and he is all boy. He explores and is out to destroy.

With all of that being said, I am so proud of Evan and all of his accomplishments. He is such a smart little boy and I truly enjoy watching him grow and discover new things. He has such an awesome personality and he loves Alex so much – and it shows!

Evan’s newest thing is blowing on Alex’s belly! He did it for the first time last Friday and I just about peed my pants when I saw it. I was on the phone with Eric looking down into the family room when I witnessed it. It was so adorable! He’ll do it every now and then if we ask him to. He also just started gargling liquids. Mostly when he drinks out of his cup; I have no idea how he discovered it, but that too is funny.

Evan can be very aggressive and he is full of energy, but there are moments where that boy will just melt my heart. Sometimes he will come over and give me a hug or kiss; sometimes he’ll come over and rub my head softly, or if I am on the floor with Alex he will back up and sit on my lap which is usually followed by him turning around and smiling at me. When it’s bedtime, he wants to cuddle with me (sorry Eric) and have me tuck him in.

He is growing up fast and I just wanted to share a little bit about my boy Evan. He is amazing and wonderful and he is my son.


1 comment:

  1. What a great post about Evan! I know that guilt that you feel. I feel it too. But you are doing a great job and your little men know it!

    ReplyDelete