Monday, April 2, 2012

The Time is Now!

It’s amazing how much my life has changed in two years. Before I became a Mom, I only had myself to worry about and focus on. Now it’s the exact opposite. I feel like I have completely lost myself in motherhood and I need to find a way out so I can balance who I am as a Mother to Alex and Evan and who I am as Keri. My life is totally different than I thought it would be. I always knew I would get married and have children, but my plan was a little different than what actually happened. I did indeed get married and when we decided to start a family, I planned on going back to work after my maternity leave. Instead, I got laid off, had twins (one would later be diagnosed with cerebral palsy) so going back to work right away really wasn’t an option.

I love being a stay at home Mom. I get to be home with my boys, watch them play, see their milestones and raise them the way Eric and I planned. It’s a little tough financially, but more so for me it’s hard because I put 110% into my boys and have lost sight of what I want.

I never really saw myself as a big career woman, but I have always enjoyed working. Being out of the workforce now for almost two years I feel a bit rusty and a little scared of stepping back out when the time comes. I have some big choices to make: I know I should go back to school and add to my education, but I am not sure where I want to go with that. I already have a business degree, but when I think about going back for more, it bores me. I would love to go into the medical field, but I am not sure where to begin. I really can do whatever my heart desires, the question is, how hard does my brain want to work? It’s a tough challenge for me because I am home all day with the boys and I don’t get much down time, so I would more than likely have to take online courses and do my work in the evening. Half the time my brain is fried by the time the boys go to bed, so I am going to have to figure out a way around that.

I do plan on going back to work someday, it's just figuring out which direction I want to go in. I want to better myself not only for me, but for my family. The time is now!
Well, enough about me as I'm sure you are wondering what is going on with my little munchkins since it’s been a couple of weeks, so I will get on that for you. Thanks for reading and feel free to offer up some suggestions if you have any regarding the medical field.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have any suggestions but I am just offering support! You will find something that feels right and in the meantime, you are doing an amazing job with your boys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete