Saturday, March 17, 2012

Super Saturday

Today was just one of those days that had some great little moments that I just had to share it with the world. The boys looked super cute today in their overalls. They got them for Christmas and this is only the second time they have worn them and I don’t know why because I could just eat them up they are so cute when they wear them! We took a trip to Sam's Club and since they can sit together side by side in the cart, they got a lot of attention.

My Sister and I decided to get together and take the kids to the park today since the weather was pretty close to perfect. I picked her and my niece Layla up this afternoon and brought them back to our house before heading to the park. The boys were napping when I left and as we pulled onto our street, Eric was pulling the boys in the wagon they got for Christmas. I just about melted because they looked so darn cute and Alex was sitting so well! The stipulation in getting the wagon was that it had to have a nice high- back seat for Alex. I still wasn’t sure that it would work, but when I saw him in it today, it was clear that it would and I can’t tell you how happy that makes me. I can’t wait to take them for walks around the neighborhood, take them to the zoo and anywhere else I can think of.

What do you think?

We finally made it to the park and I put Alex in the swing and he was instantly happy. He LOVES the swings and was laughing and smiling from ear to ear. Evan was walking around checking things out with his cousin Layla not knowing what to do with himself he was so excited. My sister took each of them down the slide which was a hit and Evan found a spot under the structure where he plopped down and was content playing with the wood chips. He was a mess when we left, but he was happy and that’s all that mattered. Alex didn’t get much of a nap this afternoon, so he was worn out and fell asleep in the car 5 minutes after we got on the road.
The day turned out great and it gave me a glimpse into what the next few months is going to be like and I cannot wait! I have to admit that I have been having little "down" moments lately but today made all of that go away. This will be the first summer where we’ll get to take advantage of our great back yard. Trips to the park will be more than just me pushing them around in the stroller and I think they are going to be more interested in doing things like the Zoo and the Beach this year! I am really excited for all of us as a family! We are going to have us some fuuuunnn!

1 comment:

  1. That wagon is perfect! And look how well Alex is sitting in it! Yay! I hope you enjoy your spring/summer months. I am also excited for them. I need some sun!

    ReplyDelete