Wednesday, March 6, 2019

40

Today I turn 40. I have mixed feelings about this milestone. I mean, it's kind of a big deal right?

When I was younger, 40 seemed so old, but now here I am living it and it's not so bad. I feel like I have reached the half way point in my life but yet it feels like the beginning. My babies are 8 and we have so many more memories to make together before they go off and make their own lives. It is a weird, yet humbling feeling. I am very fortunate to have all I have. I have worked hard to get where I am and there is so much more out there to see, to do and to acheive.

I am so blessed to have met and married someone who wants many of the same things as I do. While our time together has had it's challenges, we continue to push through the hard times and cherish the special moments. 18.5 years is a long time to be with someone, but when that person loves you, fights for you and encourages you like Eric does for me, it makes me appreciate all of him. He loves me for me. Always has, always will and I couldn't ask for anyone better to do life with.

Raising a family has turned out to be much different than I imagined but I am no different that any other mother when it comes to challenges. We all have them - mine are just different at times. Each day presents new challenges that I try my best to handle. Some days I feel like a complete failure; others I feel like superwoman - and together it makes me stronger.

Everything that I have gone through in my life has shaped me into who I am today. In my 40 years, I have been blessed with an amazing family, traveled to places I never dreamed of and have had experiences that have changed my life. I am who I am because of the choices I have made both good and bad and don't have a single regret.

If you are a part of my life whether it be my family or my friend, Thank you for being in my life. Thank you for the memories and unforgettable moments. I love each and everyone of you and I hope that like me, you will cherish each and every moment you have.







No comments:

Post a Comment