Sunday, March 10, 2019

The Big 4-0 - Week of Celebrations

It has been quite a week for me! As you know, I turned 40 on Wednesday but the celebrations began last Saturday with my family. We had them over at our place for pizza, salad, bread, cake and ice cream! Eric and the boys decorated and made everything look so nice!!

Wednesday was my actual birthday. Eric and I took the day off to spend together. He took me to Krispie Kreme (my fave) and we did some shopping, had a light lunch and got home in time to get the boys off the bus. They showered me with gifts and took me to dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse. (YUM!) It was not the Beach or Chicago, but I truly enjoyed the day!

Friday, I walked into work to find my desk and the area surrounding it decorated by my co-workers! It was such a nice surprise! I felt so special!!

Finally Saturday, Eric planned a night out with some of our friends. I had no idea what we were doing or who would be there - but I knew we were going out. I am not going to lie, it drove me crazy not knowing for more than 10 days! When we arrived, Stephanie and Mike were there followed by Rachel, Brian and Kim. We ended up doing an Escape Room!! None of us (but Eric) had ever done one and I don't know if it was the combination of the 7 of us or what, but it was so much fun!! We managed to escape in 52:15 (we had 60 min). I think I can speak for everyone when I say WE LOVED IT!! From there we went to a Restaurant/Bar next door for food, drinks and a lot of laughs and we finished the night with a Go-Kart Ride. Just me and the guys went! It was fun!

I am a very lucky girl to be surrounded by so many wonderful and loving people. Thank you to everyone who was a part of the festivities this past week and so many of you who reached out to me to make me feel special.

An extra special Thank you to my wonderful hubby Eric for all of the planning, decorating and organizing he did to make this week amazing and one I will not forget. It is not his thing to plan, organize or decorate so I want you to know how much it means to me. Also, to Alex and Evan who played a big part in picking things out, making me cards and signs. I loved it all! The three of you mean everything to me and I love you all so very much!!

Here is the week in pictures!!

March 2, 2019 - Family Celebration

All decked out


Evan's Sign he made me



Evan with his cousin Ellis

Alex and Ellis


Loved my cake!

It was HOT!

The "stripes" crew



With Mom, Kristy and Dad

My Mom and Dad - Love them!

The Fam

Wednesday March 6, 2019 - My Birthday








I got 40 cents! 


Bob. Ross. Socks. Enough Said.



I love us
My favorite
Friday March 8, 2019 - Work Surprise!


Great job by my co-workers!

That's Right!

YES!

Saturday March 9, 2019 - A night out with Friends!


First Escape Room - Firefighter Rescue!


We Escaped!! 7:45 left!


Our Room

Love this one!

My 2 Rocks
Steph and I

Brian and Kim

Me and Rachel

Brian and I

My Awesome Hubs

Mike and Steph

GO-Kart Riders

In our Swim Caps

Ready to Ride!

My favorite people! I love you guys!




No comments:

Post a Comment