Sunday, September 11, 2016

Myrtle Beach 2016

It's September already? According to the calendar it is, but I still want it to be summer. As always, it flew by and I wasn't ready for it to end. This was probably our best summer yet. Full of adventure, memories and fun.

After Chicago, we had about 6 weeks to rest before we were set to leave for Georgia. Roughly 10 days before we were to leave, Eric and I decided we needed some beach time, so we split our week in Georgia in half and did four days in Myrtle Beach and four days in Georgia. It was the right decision for sure. Not only did Eric and I LOVE our beach time, but our two little beach bums did too. We arrived on a Sunday and went to downtown that evening after checking into our hotel and grabbin dinner at Olive Garden. We played some games at the arcade, walked through the Gay Dolphin (Souvineer Shop) and ate ice cream on the boardwalk with the moon shimmering over the ocean.

The three full days we spent at the beach and pool with a break for lunch. These three days were absolutely gorgeous and perfect. Evan was given a Boogie Board by a guy who was leaving and couldn't take it on the plane with him. He actually caught a wave a few times and loved it!

Night two, we went to Barefoot Landing an outdoor shopping mall and had dinner at T-Bonz before watching fireworks over the water.

Night three we went to Broadway at the Beach, ate at The Hardrock Cafe and again watched fireworks.

Our final night was more low key with dinner at Abuelos (Mexican restaurant) and we went to a beach shop for some goodies.

After packing up the van, we decided to take the boys to the beach one last morning before we headed to Georgia. While sitting there a lady and her son walked by holding 2 dead jellyfish. Evan was fascinated of course and said he wanted one. A little while later they came back and brought him one, I sat it on the arm of my beach chair and told him to be careful. I forgot about it, sat back in my chair, put my arms down and that dead little sucker stung me! IT HURT SO BAD! It felt like I set my arm on a hot burner!!! Holy Moly!!! Dumbest story ever...but now I can say I was stung by a jellyfish...not my proudest moment.

The trip was amazing, we didn't want to leave, but we know that we will be back - probably next year. Here are some of our favorite shots of our Beach Adventure.

We made it!

The boys at the arcade the first night

View from our balcony






Alex and Eic
Eric's Sand Castle
Beach Shot #57





Evan catching waves
Alex and I
Evan taking it all in



Barefoot Landing

Family Shot



Broadway at the Beach

Before Hard Rock Cafe



We managed to get a kid free shot

The real thing was just gorgeous

Evan boogie boarding!

Yep....that's the little bugger

So cool!
Love this one


Couldn't stop...

Eric and his boys

The color version of the new double the love photo

Me and my boys

Alex...so cute

Eric and Evan catching waves

Told you I love the beach

Our Hotel



Alex
Evan
Myrtle Beach, August 17, 2016







No comments:

Post a Comment