Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Alex's says "Mama"

He is four days from his 6th Birthday and he decides he is going to give me one of the best presents a mother could ask for. He said "Mama"....for the first time. (Insert tears here). He being Alex of course.

He said it before I hit record on my phone, but each time is better than the last and I never want it to end. My heart felt like it exploded...only few will understand what I mean. I am not sure if this will stick or if it will happen again, I can only hope, but even if it doesn't, I will be OK. Hearing him say it the few times he did will be enough to last me a lifetime. Plus I have it on video that I can watch over and over again for the rest of my life. I still remember the first time Evan said "Mama". December 1, 2011 - it too was his first word. :)

Alex has had plenty of sounds and few sounds have morphed into what sound like words over the past 3 or 4 years, but nothing as clear as tonight. He tries to say his name, he says "dada" on occasion and most recently "no-no". I know  "N" and "M" sounds are not easy sounds so I was pretty excited when I heard the "N" sound a few weeks ago. I never expected tonight to happen.

Deep down I hope that this is the beginning of his beautiful journey into speaking and communicating more effectively. He has been enrolled in speech therapy since March, but they aren't quite working on sounds yet....they might be after I show them the video!

Please continue to hope and pray for Alex to do wonderful things. We know he is capable and is going to continue to impress us with his abilities. We are very blessed, I mean...look at them.


1 comment:

  1. This made my day!! What an incredible gift! You've got such amazing kids. :)

    ReplyDelete