Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What Matters Most


There has been so much tragedy in the nation lately that it’s time for all of us take a step back and be thankful of what we have. The world is a scary place and so many of us get up each day, do what we have to do, go to bed and get up to do it all over again. Not even realizing that it could all end at any given moment.

Now granted, I have a little more time on my hands to think about these things than most people, but my daily life is just as busy as someone who goes to work for eight hours. Nearly every day we have something going on whether its therapy appointments, preschool or play dates with friends. The countdown is already on to Alex and Evan turning three and I am just amazed at how fast the time has gone by.

Life is crazy fast and it’s even crazier with twins. There is always someone making noise and if one isn’t crying or whining then the other one is. Evan is on the go always wanting to do things all the while Alex is content in the other room with a toy or the TV. Sometimes I wish there were two of me so I could keep up with them better but there isn't so I have to split my time and divide my attention like most parents with two children.

Because the boys aren’t at the “sharing” age just yet, I have been trying to explain the whole “taking turns” concept. Tonight while I was stretching Alex, Evan came up to me with his blocks, got in my face and with his hand patting his chest, he said “Evan Turn”. He wanted me to stop stretching Alex and play blocks with him. It was so cute. When I was done stretching Alex, I gave him a toy that Evan is very fond of…which made Evan intently stare at me giving it to Alex, but once I explained that Alex would be playing with it so I could play blocks with him, all was good.

It’s so important to enjoy these moments that God has given us. Just last night a family in the next town over lost their home to a tornado. This is a family of five with three small children. They lost all of their belongings and their home but none of them were hurt. That is what matters the most. It’s not the house or the cars or the material things….it’s the love that holds a family together and what will get them through this tough time to rebuild and come back stronger.


My life has turned out a little different than I expected but I wouldn't trade anything because everything I have experienced up to this moment is how it was supposed to be. I have a great husband and two beautiful children who love me very much and that's what matters most.








 

 


 





No comments:

Post a Comment