Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Stir Crazy!


March has been a weird month for us. Evan and I have been sick since March 1st which has caused a lot of crabbiness between the two of us. Now, poor Alex is getting it and Eric has had it this past week as well. I think we are all at a point where we are ready for spring to officially be here. Today is technically the first official day of spring according to the calendar, but here in Michigan it looks and feels like the first day of winter. It is cold, blustery and snowy.

On top of being sick, the boys started preschool on March 7th and it’s been going pretty well. I haven’t gotten any bad notes sent home, so it must be going well. I think their biggest adjustment is not getting a nap since their class is from 12:30-3:35pm. The bus comes and picks them up and drops them off, so that is exciting for them. The first day was hard for me, but now I view the break as a good thing between us. Friday we are going on their first Field Trip to the Flint Children's Museum. I am really looking forward to it!

Alex has been out of therapy for the month because of insurance delays. I was hoping that it would only last half the month, but due to people slacking off in the process, we are stuck for the month and probably won’t begin again until April now. I don’t like him having the break even though for him he could probably use the time off. His four month stint at Euro-Peds was busy for him and although I feel he should keep going going going, I am sure his little body could use a rest. I have been trying to do my best to work with him throughout the day, but I will admit it is very hard for me because I am not a Physical Therapist. When I watch his PT’s work with him, they make it look so easy and I struggle, I am not going to lie.

So with the cold weather lingering, not getting out as much and being stuck in the house is making us all a little stir crazy! The kids get bored so easily and with us being sick, we haven’t been able to have play dates. I wish I had someone to walk the mall with. At least it would give me the opportunity to talk with someone. I get tired of the mall because we just walk the circle and come home.

In the coming weeks, I am hoping for some warmer weather. I am ready to buy my park pass and get some walking in. I need the exercise and the fresh air. I know it will all do us some good.

No comments:

Post a Comment