Wednesday, March 6, 2013

34


Today as I turn 34, I sit here wondering “How in the world did I get here so fast?”

I have been driving for 18 years, out of High School for 16, together with my husband for 12, married for 6 and I have been a mom for 2 years, 7 months and 18 days to beautiful twin boys. Looking back, my twenties went by SUPER slow. In those ten years, I traveled the country, met my husband, moved out on my own, got married, bought a house and made a lot of wonderful memories. I am pretty happy with what I did with those ten years of my life.

So here I am four years into my thirties and it seems like I was celebrating my 30th birthday yesterday. In thinking of what I have accomplished so far in these four years the only thing that I can think of is becoming a mommy to twin boys. That is one of the greatest things to experience in life but you don’t realize just how much your world revolves around your children and how fast the time flies. I am also realizing that I need to do more with myself, more with my life.

I love my children and they are my world, but I have let it consume who I am and control all that I do. I think a lot of that comes with being a stay at home mom. We have made a lot of good memories in the two years but I want more. More for me, more for my family. I don’t want to look back in another four years and wonder what happened to the time. I need to do more and make more out of these days that are passing by. It seems like we just celebrated the New Year and here we are into March already. I feel like if I blink, Halloween will be here again.

My boys are getting older by the minute and they are growing up so fast. I don’t want to waste anymore time. I want to capture as many memories and have as many experiences as we can and look back in 4, 8 or even 12 years with no regrets.

Here’s to hoping that this year will “slow down” a bit so I can truly enjoy being “34”.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I know that time goes way too fast. I can't believe I am already 41! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete