Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Chrysler Photo Shoot

Back in September, we were given an amazing opportunity. An opportunity to participate and become a part of the Automobility Program with Fiat/Chrysler. They were looking to develop a website and more for people with disabilities that need adaptive equipment to help them get around and be more mobile and independent. A friend of mine called me on a Thursday to tell me that the family they were supposed to be using had backed out of the Photo Shoot and they were looking for a child in a wheelchair between 5-8 years old. She thought of us immediately. At first I wasn't sure because it was the first week of school and I hated to pull the boys out during their first week, but then I thought how great it is to promote disability awareness and why not, this could lead to more opportunities and frankly, this was an opportunity of a lifetime for us. So, we did it. On Tuesday September 13, we headed down to the Michigan Science Center to spend the day "on set". It was long and boring at times. I had to sign all kinds of papers, but my favorite was the modeling contracts I had to sign! Loved it!!! They both did really well and the website is so cool! We are so happy to be a part of such a great program.

Below is the link to the website that went live last month. You will catch a quick glimpse of Evan in the opening video on the main page, then look for a still shot under program overview and then you can view Alex's story under the stories link. You will have to scroll all the way over to the right to find him. There is a video of us as well as lots of awesome pictures. I have also included a few pictures I took that day as well.





Taking a break in the RV

Inside the van getting ready!

Taking a break on the lawn
Practicing before the photo shoot




On Set


Face Painting Time







Troy the Photographer getting the boys set up

Building Blocks!

That's a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment