Wednesday, January 18, 2017

A Step in the Right Direction

It's hard to believe that we are into another new year. 2016 was a good year for us. Lots of progress, good memories made and much to look forward to in 2017.

Alex:
Alex has been working in a speech program now for ten months. It has been a slow process, but I feel like we are finally working toward a way of communication for him. I feel like he will continue to progress this year with that. He communicates well with us by pointing and is now using Yes/No switches which also seem to be working. I was very adamant on getting this speech off the ground that his physical therapy fell by the wayside. Our Physiatrist stopped doing the Botox injections at the hospital and decided to do them at his office, but our insurance will not cover them. That leads us to finding a new doctor or going through a long process of finding ways to get Botox. He has also been out of PT for a year and it is showing. His muscles are tight and his tone is high, Plus he is a growing boy so this combination has been alarming to us and has made me get him an evaluation to get PT started again. The next step is going to be finding a new Doctor to help with his muscle tone. He is still doing and loving horseback riding. We just started back last week after a holiday break. He says Mama all the time and has his first loose tooth! He understands so much which is good, we just need to get him communicating so he can get those words out that he so desperately wants to!! I am so proud of all of his hard work and strength!

Evan:
Evan has grown so much. He is a little man with lots of creativity, knowledge and is very inquisitive. He is funny, smart and loud. He loves to learn and is the best brother Alex could ask for. He lost three teeth this year and is on his way to losing two more. He loves telling time and asking about other places in the world. He tried Basketball for the first time as an extracurricular activity in the fall and he starts swimming lessons next week. He loves playing board games, drawing and crafting, building legos and pokemon. He is such a well rounded boy and I am so proud of who he is becoming. It's hard to believe he will be 7 this summer.

Eric is almost done with school. He will have his Bachelor's Degree before Summer. I am so proud of him and his accomplishments. I couldn't do it. He has been going to school now for a few years while working 50+ hours a week, all while providing for us and having a family. I hope he realizes how grateful we are for all of his hard work and dedication. I know it hasn't been easy, but he is on the home stretch now!

As for me, I plan on making some changes to become a better person. I have had a trying year. I feel bogged down and it's time I do better for not only myself but my family. I am not the best person I can be and that needs to change. The guys in my life depend on me a lot and I need to prove to them that I can do this!

So here's to 2017 being a great year full of accomplishments, adventures, memories and a step in the right direction.




No comments:

Post a Comment