Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Hello Summer!

When you live in Michigan, you tend to look forward to Summertime a little more than most people. The winters here can be long and cold, and once the thaw here begins and the trees and grass turn green, you know summer is near.

We always try to plan a bunch of fun stuff to keep us busy and to get out and enjoy the weather. This summer is no exception and I am so excited for all of the fun stuff we have planned!

There will be weekly play dates with our friends, whether that be going to the beach, to the zoo or just down the road for some good ole' ice cream. But outside of the smaller things, we have a few bigger things planned.

First up we are going with some friends to Michigan's Adventure, an Amusement/Water Park at the end of the month. It is on the west side of the state, so we are doing a long weekend so we can visit some beaches on Lake Michigan as well. There's a lot of fun stuff to do over there, so I am sure we will have plenty to keep busy. Initially, we just planned for it to be just the four of us, but trips are always more fun with friends! So we invited our friends along for the fun....and as an added bonus, they are from the area so they know where all the fun spots are!

When we get home from that trip, we have plans to go up north and camp. My in-laws have a nice camper and a membership to a Campground Resort, so we will be up there for a week or so. I have a feeling my two water boys will be enjoying the pool non-stop!

The week after we get home from camping the boys will celebrate their 5th birthday with a big party with family and friends. They are already looking forward to that. 

Later in the summer we are hoping to head down to Georgia to see our extended family. Last year the boys and I spent two and a half weeks down there and it was so much fun. I am already missing it this summer. My niece is always posting pictures of them at the river and I am finding myself becoming a bit jealous. :) Guess we will be road tripping it!!!

We have already been to the beach a couple of times and had a play date with my nephew Laken today. Welcome to Summer!!!

Alex Chillin' in the Water

Heather, Rachel and I.

Beach Boy

Buddies Evan and Nate


The Crew: Evan, Lauren, Elise, Alex, Dylan and Nathan

Laken and Evan with the Bubble Machine
Two Crazies





No comments:

Post a Comment