Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Feeling Thankful

As Thanksgiving approaches this week, may of us often reflect on things we are most thankful/grateful for. The days and the weeks go fast for many of us and sometimes we forget how lucky and blessed we are.

For me, I am thankful everyday for Alex and Evan. Although they challenge me everyday, they have made my life better, brighter and made me a better person. I often think back to their first days in this world. Just how tiny they were, hooked up to all kinds of machines, having all kinds of blood work and tests done. I think about Alex and his Cerebral Palsy and how things are going to be challenging for him, but you know what, it could be a lot worse. Both of my boys are happy and healthy and that's what matters most.

I am very thankful for my husband who has been by my side through a lot in our 14 years together. We have weathered a lot of storms and we are still standing. We may not always see eye to eye on things and we have had a lot of ups and downs, but we keep fighting because we love each other and neither of us are ready to give up. We have built a really nice life together and there are still a lot of memories to be made.

I am also thankful for our families. I am happy to still have both of my parents in my life, my sister and her family, my in-laws and Eric's brother and sister with their families. Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Nieces and Nephews galore. I am also grateful to have one grandparent left. My grandma who is 87. She has had her share of health problems this year, but I am so glad that my boys have been able to know her. She is the only great-grandparent they have between both families.We are all very close and that means a lot. Sometimes they can cause grief and frustration but they are still family. They are still there for us and no matter what we all love each other.

This past weekend we were blessed to spend an early Thanksgiving with Eric's family. His sister and some of her family were here from Georgia and those few hours with everyone together meant so much to us. Seeing the boys play with their cousins is so nice.

We have decided to spend Thanksgiving Day at home this year and since we just had a full turkey dinner on Sunday, I will be cooking BBQ Pulled Pork. I am looking forward to some down time at home with my boys.

From our family to yours, we wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving.

Things Alex and Evan are thankful for!


No comments:

Post a Comment