Sunday, June 1, 2014

Welcome to Summer (Unofficially)

Today is the beginning of a busy but fun summer for us. School is winding down for the boys. Evan will be done on Thursday and Alex goes through next Wednesday. Both will get to celebrate with their friends at the park in town with end of the year picnics.

We celebrated my Nephew's 1st birthday yesterday and will celebrate my Mom's and Father in Law's  in the coming weeks along with Father's Day. After that, we will embark on our three week trip down to Georgia to visit our family. I am really looking forward to this trip. Eric will be joining us on our last week down there so it should be really nice.

By the time we get home, it will be July already. I will be home 6 days before I head up north with my girlfriends for our annual "Girls Weekend" trip. That is always a nice weekend to look forward too. It is nice and relaxing but weird too because I don't  know what to do with myself with no one to wait on! I get to do whatever I want!!! The girls I go with, I have known since we were in first grade - which makes it even more memorable! We never run out of things to talk about.

Alex and Evan will turn 4 on July 16th and we have opted to not do a party this year. We already have so much going on leading up to their birthday that I didn't think I would have the time to properly plan anything, plus it is always so much work. We decided we would rather take the money we would spend on the party and do something fun with the boys. Probably a water park or hotel stay of some sort since that is what they enjoy doing.

Once that is over, our summer is open as of now. I am sure more things will come up as we go, but as of now it is filled with fun times!!!

We had a very long winter here this year, so we are welcoming summer with open arms. The fact that it doesn't ever last long enough makes us take advantage and appreciate it even more. Summer isn't officially here for another 20 days, but June 1st is always a good place to start. We are kicking off our summer today by going to the beach with friends!!!

Happy Summer!!! Let's enjoy every moment!!!

The boys enjoying pool time on Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment