Sunday, February 9, 2014

Unbreakable Bond

There have been moments when I feel like my boys are being "robbed" of a traditional twin brotherhood. Not being able to ride bikes along side one another, not being able to run around, chase each other or even rough house with one another. I worry that they may not have a great bond because of this or not be as close.

They have made me realize that a bond between brothers goes WAY beyond physical activity. It's called unconditional love which is known as affection with no limitations. Alex and Evan have that and I know that it will be the bond that will hold them together for life.

Twice in one week, I have gone to check on them before I go to bed and I have found them snuggling with one another. The first time it made my heart melt and the second just about brought me to tears. I experience a lot of frustration with these two boys. They are A LOT on me some days but when I see them like this, it takes all of the stress and frustration away - even if it's just for a little bit.

Alex's physical limitations may be difficult now, but I don't believe it will be like this forever. One thing is for sure, the love is there, the bond is there, it always has been and it always will be.


This was on 2.4.14
 
 
 
This was 2.8.14. Evan's head is resting on Alex
and they are holding hands.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment