Friday, July 27, 2012

BITS -N- PIECES VOL. 7

*

The month started off with both of the kids being sick. We had record heat on top of that over the 4th of July so we didn’t really get to do a whole lot for Independence Day. With the boys having fevers and rashes we decided to skip out on the fireworks to not make things worse.

**

July 6th we went to see the Physiatrist. I never look forward to this appointment because we always leave the appointment pissed off and confused. We always seem to wait forever in the waiting room and then the Doctor always rushes through our appointment, never follows up on our last appointment and just seems downright rude. This time we were determined to get answers. We walked in with our questions in hand and were not about to let him leave until all of them were answered. Not only did he answer the questions, he was nice, joked around and took his time with us. The best part of the appointment is when he said that Alex was progressing nicely. My eyes welled up. Do you know how long I have been waiting for someone to tell me that? I felt like I could see it, sure it’s small progression, but it’s something and that something means everything when you are raising a special needs child. For the first time since seeing this Doctor last September, we left feeling good.

***

July 14, 2012 – 2nd Birthday Party (See Previous Post)

July 16, 2012 – Alex and Evan Turn 2! (See The Twins Turn Two Post)

****

Last weekend my Mom and I had a Garage Sale at my house. Right after the birthday party, I moved the tables into the garage and started setting up the following Monday night. It took me ALL week just to get everything set up and priced. By the time Friday came, I was exhausted. We didn’t sell as much as I would have liked, but we made some money and that’s all that counts. I have decided to do a Mom2Mom sale in September since my strollers and swings didn’t sell. Hopefully it will be a success. I have some money now to do an 11 week Hippotherapy Program for Alex next year. (Hippotherapy is a form of physical, occupational and speech therapy in which a therapist uses the characteristic movements of a horse to provide carefully graded motor and sensory input.) The program requires him to be 3 years of age in order to participate in the program, so that is why we have to wait.

*****

This weekend we are taking Alex and Evan to the Columbus Zoo/Aquarium in Ohio. We haven’t done much this summer as a family because we have been so busy with other things and I want to do something before summer is over! I am really excited because I think they boys will really like the Aquarium part of the trip since they have never been to one before. We don’t have an aquarium in Michigan, so it was either Columbus or Chicago. I would love to do Chicago, but I think we will wait until they are a little older to explore a big city!

I can't believe July is almost over. The days and months go by so quickly when you have children.

No comments:

Post a Comment