Tuesday, October 13, 2015

15 Years Strong

It is hard for me to believe that Eric and I have been together for 15 years! The years have gone by so fast, but when I look back at where we started and where we are now, the memories are abundant and the proof is there.

We have come a long way from the day we met - which was October 31, 2000 while working in a retail store at the mall. We went on our first date a week later and that was that.

I don't think either of us were looking for a relationship, it just happened and I have heard that is the best way to start. We built a great friendship along the way which led to us building a life together.

Things haven't always been easy, we have had our share of ups and downs like any couple, but we fight our way back every time and come out on top.

We lived together for 8 months before Eric proposed to me which led to our beautiful fall wedding two years later. We honeymooned in New York City and the Pocono Mountains for a week. We worked hard to save and buy our first home in 2008 where we still are seven years later.

We added a dog to our family of 3 (we already had Oreo our cat) and a year or so later the twins came.

We have traveled and created all kinds of memories together as a couple and as a family. We work hard to keep things together and each of us has their own strengths and weaknesses but at the end of the day, I wouldn't be with anyone else.

Eric knows me better than anyone. He loves all of me even when he doesn't want to and the life we have built can't be replaced or changed. I love every piece of it and I am proud of what we have accomplished together.

Marriage is hard, but we are committed and we continue to grow as a couple to do what is best for our family.

Today we celebrate our 9 year anniversary. Happy Anniversary Eric, October 13th is our day. You and Me. I love you and I am so happy of how far we have come. Can't wait for #10 next year!!















No comments:

Post a Comment