Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mothers Day 2015

Last Thursday at school they had an afternoon that they called "Muffins with Moms" to celebrate Mother's Day. I invited my Mom along and the boys were so excited to have her there. We made bracelets and pictures and of course had muffins! I was very happy to share this experience with my Mom and she was just as happy to share it with me. This was the first time she has attended anything for the boys so it was a big day! Here are a couple of pictures of us.

Alex has such a serious look


Mother's Day on Sunday turned out nice for me. The kids were up bright and early, but my loving husband gave me the best gift...to go back to bed and sleep in!! It was glorious, especially since my washing machine broke the day before and I had to haul all of my laundry to my Mom's house later that day. In addition to sleeping in, I got 2 beautiful cards, some drawings from the boys and a bouquet of flowers.

I took the boys to visit my Mom that day and we went for ice cream after lunch which was nice. I am so thankful to have my Mom in my life. She helps me watch the boys so I can work part time now and there were a couple of days this past winter when the boys were sick and she came through for me last minute so I didn't have to call into work. She has always been there for me and I love her so much.

Later that evening Eric and the boys took me to Pei Wei for dinner which was absolutely delicious!! It was a pretty nice day that I got to celebrate with my boys.

As for being a mother now myself, I am so happy to celebrate the day with two very special boys who mean the world to me. I love them so much and I am so grateful for them. As they are quickly growing up, I am trying to enjoy every little moment I get with them and try to be the best mother I can be for them. I hope they know how lucky I am.







No comments:

Post a Comment