Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Georgia Family Visit

Last week a bunch of my husband’s family came into town from Georgia for a family reunion and we got to host some of them. It was a lot of work, but so much fun. We had about 7 people staying with us for 5 days with most of them being kids. It was a lot of fun and Alex and Evan enjoyed themselves.
The first two days it rained which was a bummer, but we made the best of the time we had together. My Niece Mindy has 3 little ones who are 4, 16 months and 5 months and with my two 2 year olds, there weren’t many quiet moments in the house. This is the best we could do at getting them all together for a picture.
 
Bailey, Ethan, Alex, Evan and Madison
 
 It rained the morning of the reunion as well, but cleared up just after lunch so the kids could play outside. The adults got to go to dinner that night and we went swimming the following day at the local campground.
Kid Free Dinner!
 
We also did some shopping at the mall and took a trip up to the Largest Christmas Store – Bronners. It was my Niece Mindy’s first trip to Michigan so we had to take her there as well as A&W for lunch.
One of their last nights, we had everyone (17 people) all over to our place for Taco night.
The morning they left, they were gone long before the sun came up and my house was super quiet that morning. I missed them already. My niece Jessica decided to stay behind for a couple of more weeks, so she is staying with us and I am loving the help. I think she is also enjoying herself. She has her own room, unlimited computer time and cable tv. Those things mean a lot when you have 7 siblings!
I just want to say that having them in my house for 5 days makes me miss them so much more now. I have always been close to my husband’s sister and her family. They moved to Georgia three and a half years ago just three weeks before we bought our house – which was only about 5 miles away from theirs. I was really bummed, but having kids of my own now and with them being so close in age to my Niece and Nephews kids, makes me want to live closer to them. Unfortunately, I don’t think any of us plan on moving anytime soon. L We are hoping to get down there before the year is over for a visit.
Here are some more pics of their visit:
The two trouble makers!

Ethan
Robbie and Ethan



Sister in Law Tappatha, Myself and My Niece Mindy
These 2 were inseperable



AnnaMarie, Madison, Bailey and Brook at the mall
Matthew, Matt, Eric and John
Bailey


No comments:

Post a Comment