Saturday, February 4, 2012



It’s been a pretty quiet week as far as appointments and therapy goes. We are waiting on authorization from the insurance company (that’s a whole other story) so we were able to go Monday but once February hit we are on hold for now. Probably a good thing since I have been really sick all week. I am hoping to pick back up this coming Monday.


Alex had his eye doctor appointment on Wednesday and everything went well. We are still continuing to patch his eyes (one eye a day for 2 hours). He will still need surgery, but it won’t be until later this year or early next year. We go back in 4 months for another check-up.


Lately I feel like I have to babysit the Doctors offices I deal with to make sure things get done and forms get signed and I am super annoyed with it. Due to the type of insurance we have, we have to have referrals to see specialists. Alex sees 3 specialists right now, so when I went to the Pediatrician’s office 3 weeks ago for their 18 month check-up, I gave them all of the information they needed. Well sure enough, the referral didn’t get to the eye doctor until 2 minutes before my appointment. The reason we are on hold for therapy is because it’s taken the therapists 5 weeks to get 2 forms signed and faxed back from the Physiatrists office. I have had to call twice to get on them about it. Now Alex has to miss therapy because apparently it’s too hard for them to do their job. I don’t get it because they deal with this stuff all the time. Why is it so hard?


As I mentioned above, I have been really sick this week. I finally broke down and went to the Doctor yesterday and I am so glad I did. I have had the same sinus/allergy problems for the past 3 months and this time it hit me hard. The Doc gave me some pretty strong antibiotics and steroids and it seems to be doing the trick. I am still not 100%, but I am a heck of a lot better than I was yesterday morning. After I got home from the doctor, I laid the boys down for a nap (mostly because I needed to nap) and I prayed that they would sleep – God answered my prayers because we all slept for 2 hours. I was thankful because it was exactly what I needed. Luckily my Mom came over in the afternoon so that gave me a bit of a break as well.


This coming week is going to be busy. In addition to therapy we have an appointment with the Neurologist on Tuesday and I am supposed to meet up with my ex-co-workers on Thursday for lunch since last month didn’t work out due to weather.  They haven’t seen Alex and Evan since last March! They aren’t even going to recognize them!

We are still enjoying the unseasonably warm and snow-less winter we are having. It's hard to get excited for Florida when we have nothing to leave behind. Oh who am I kidding? I can't wait for the palm trees, beach and sunshine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment